ATTN. DLHUNICORN!!!!!

Chickaroo!

Songster
12 Years
Dec 27, 2007
Can you come to my house and help me take care of my chickens!
lau.gif
You seem to know soooo much about them.

uhmmm. LOL ... ok , ya got my attention! Is there anything in particular (link or article) I can help you with
idunno.gif

I just read alot...click on the link in my sig... this is my little "library" where I sort out all my articles ...

I just wish you lived close by me so you could come check out my chickens, their coop, run, food, water...everything and tell me if I'm taking care of them the correct way. I'm always worried that I'm doing something wrong.
old.gif

I had one die yesterday and don't know why. I'm just extra worried now about the three I have left.

Chickaroo! :

I just wish you lived close by me so you could come check out my chickens, their coop, run, food, water...everything and tell me if I'm taking care of them the correct way. I'm always worried that I'm doing something wrong.
old.gif

I had one die yesterday and don't know why. I'm just extra worried now about the three I have left.

i am sorry to hear you lost one of your birdies...how old are they? Do you have them on medicated starter (cocci is the most common danger for chickies)​

Actually, I'm not sure of their age. I got them back in Oct. from an old man who was looking to downsize his flock. He said he'd got them the summer before so they were approx. 1 - 1 1/2 yrs. But, I don't know how in the world he could have known that because he had to have close to 100 chickens. They were everywhere. He also had peacocks, doves, etc. He even had a skunk in a cage!!!!!! None of the birds were banded and when I picked them out, I asked him to just catch one of every color. At the time, I didn't even know what kind they were! I have no idea if they were started out on medicated chick food. I'm worming them (started today) with Wazine. Two of them had SUPER NASTY poo this morning. When DH gets home from work tonight I'm gonna have him post the pics. with a *gross* warning!!

Back
Top Bottom