*** AUGUST HATCH-A-LONG come join in ***

Sorry for the late update; been a busy day here, getting ready to put siding on my house. I have 4 wonderful little fuzzy butts and 6 more blue eggs pipping!
celebrate.gif
I'll post pictures soon as I can.

I have 4 brown eggs from m2wandc that go into lockdown tomorrow. Mass chicken craziness going on here.

And the lady who we got my last batch of guinea eggs from (due around my birthday, Sept 1) is thinning her flock of guineas and wants to give 20 or so of them to me! I'm jumping up and down happy, and first thing I want to do is make sure the old chickenhouse at the farm is made predator-proof as possible so that the guineas will be safe.

I'm sorry to hear about the losses several of you have had today.
hugs.gif
I'm crossing my fingers that tomorrow will be much much better!
fl.gif

Last edited:
wee.gif
This morning I went to check on the two pips I saw last night before going to bed- well, they were both still there and pipped but sitting between them was a little blue silkie!
ya.gif
ya.gif
She was still drying off but she wasn't flopping around so she'd been there a few hours. Thank god I'm at work today and I will be gone all of Friday and Saturday so I won't be able to spend my entire day with my nose to the incubator! Also, it's only day 19, but I think that's normal for bantams? Well, it's 20 now I guess. I can't wait for the BCMs to start cracking out!
celebrate.gif

Day 12! Started with 56 eggs, down to 43 - 8 of the tossers were clears and had zero development, so chalking that up to just infertile/whatever. 5 early quitters. All the rest are either moving well or 'too dark to tell but there's something in there'.
tongue.png
So I might actually get something to hatch! (keeping fingers crossed)..

I think I have a chick. Yesterday I had 2 pips when I checked my broody. I had my suspicions that she was eating the eggs so I fed her a scrambled eggs to see if that might help somehow. Anyway...I went to check on her this morning and I couldn't get her off the nest to get a good peek but I saw an empty shell zipped perfectly in half and maybe I heard it cheeping but the wild birds and insects are so loud I can't be sure.

jumpy.gif
Woo-hoo, Catt. I've been wondering if you got some of m2wandc's eggs. I've got 2 of the brown ones, and both are showing development. I am SO hoping I get some babies out of em.
fl.gif
You got to post pics on them as soon as they hatch. I really really wanna see em....
jumpy.gif

Congrats on all the cheepers, everyone!!!!
thumbsup.gif

well yesterday was hatch day, my first time using my incubator 5 pipped then didnt do anything else so i helped them out after waiting 24hr all died... so i figured i killed them. then i ordered chicks online but a week before there hatch i had to cancel it b/c of low money. so tried the incubator again, this time one pipped then finally at 12pm it hatched
smile.png
it was so cute! but it kept falling on its back so i went ahead and put it in the brooder it seemed fine and i gave it a teddy. well i wake up and check on it only being asleep for 6 hrs and it died on its back
hit.gif
hit.gif
i am sooo sad i cried all morning and it was going to be a splash
sad.png
i have one more pip this morning but its one i didnt want to keep i listened and i heard another blue(bearded silkie) egg moving so maybe when i get off i'll have 2 chicks i hope so i'm not trying this again
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom