*** AUGUST HATCH-A-LONG come join in ***

today is lockdown
smile.png
on 35 quail eggs..
my first time incubating for wish me luck!!!

did take a peak at 5 of the of eggs, as i was positioning the eggs on their sides...
saw movement in all 5
smile.png

Setting a BUNCH of eggs tomorrow from various places. Wish me luck! Have four JG, Four blue orps, 12 olive egger eggs and a pile of silkie eggs from cj's silkies. If they all hatch I'll be drowning in chicks.
smile.png
The jersey giants and the orps are local pickups so maybe something will work.
smile.png

Quote:
#1 and #2 are clears (not fertile or never started growing) #3 is harder to tell from your picture. Could be a chick in there. Can you see any veining in egg #3? Is the shell porus and hard to see into?

Quote:
Hi my broody silkie only comes off the nest once a day and she is onlt off for about 15 minutes at the most then straight back to her eggs. I do take her off the nest in the afternoon to make sure she gets food and water. Most broody chickens leave the nest once a day some won't leave the nest at all and need to be taken off to eat and drink. A broody can be off the nest for an hour at the most depending on weather. But like i said most broody hens only stay off for like 15 minutes.

Quote:
Hi my broody silkie only comes off the nest once a day and she is onlt off for about 15 minutes at the most then straight back to her eggs. I do take her off the nest in the afternoon to make sure she gets food and water. Most broody chickens leave the nest once a day some won't leave the nest at all and need to be taken off to eat and drink. A broody can be off the nest for an hour at the most depending on weather. But like i said most broody hens only stay off for like 15 minutes.

thanks i haven't put the eggs back and have seen her off the nest 2 more times this evening so i'm thinking she will not be getting the egg back. if she continues to try and be broody i guess i'll have to break out the broody buster box. i only have 3 hens that were laying and since she went semi broody have only been getting the 2 eggs a day and i miss the pretty blue ones she layed.

I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me, but... I just candled an egg that is on its second day just to practice candling, and... I saw something dark and moving inside. Is that possible, or is my mind really just messing with me?

Quote:
#1 and #2 are clears (not fertile or never started growing) #3 is harder to tell from your picture. Could be a chick in there. Can you see any veining in egg #3? Is the shell porus and hard to see into?

there is no veining in #3 like their is in my others. It's a "blob" that sits closer to the top of the egg. (mine are laid on their side & rotated) With a very slight movement & I can feel it "slosh" inside, if that means anything?

Back
Top Bottom