*** AUGUST HATCH-A-LONG come join in ***

I'm hoping to incubate my first clutch starting tomorrow. They're store bought eggs but they're from a local farm not too far down the road and she delivers them every Wednesday morning, so I'm hoping for good results. My only issue at the moment is that my homemade brooder is holding tight at 111 degrees with 31% humidity.
barnie.gif

I have a lot of room to tweak things so I'm just going to work on getting everything cooled off and the humidity up.
I'm very excited about incubating my first clutch!

well i have one egg wiggling for two days now and nothing else going on
barnie.gif
the wait is just about killing me. i have my brooder set up and had it warmed up yesterday (just had one little black light on it because its been so warm) because that egg was moving around a lot and thought well maybe i'll have one chickie soon but nope. so here is me and the kids
pop.gif
. i hate waiting

**sigh** Day 7....just candled....out of 31 eggs, definite development in 1 of the EE eggs and 3 of the brown eggs (either BR or RIR).....some of the eggs were put in later than others, so am hoping for more to develop. I only have the one mature EE hen, and she lays an egg every other day, so hopefully a couple of the other 6 of her eggs will come along. Absolutely none of the 10 BL eggs show anything.....
Well, I'm not giving up just yet, gonna leave them all in and check on day 14 or 15, and see what I may have. If anyone out there knows of a mature Columbian Wyandotte in northeast Louisiana up for dibs.....plz let me know. I want another one....really liked everything about mine. I would even buy a young cockerel if available.

Quote:
Lesalynn I feel 4 ya I set 26 eggs on the 26th of july and not 1 is fertile well possibly 2 from my friends flock the are 2 dark 2 see into

I just hatched a baby on my knee. Came out of a blue egg, is black with silver highlights. hmmm wonder what color it will grow up to be??

7 now in garage brooder.
6 under Lily.

one day for batch #3.

good luck to everyone else in countdown. just like expectant parents. haha.

Quote:
i'm right there with you day 20 and not a thing, well one wiggles and has been for 2 days now its driving me crazy.
th.gif

Quote:
i'm right there with you day 20 and not a thing, well one wiggles and has been for 2 days now its driving me crazy.
th.gif

I keep thinking I hear a peep then turn everything off and nothing.......WHY????

Quote:
th.gif

I keep thinking I hear a peep then turn everything off and nothing.......WHY????

they know you are waiting and are just screwing with you
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom