*** AUGUST HATCH-A-LONG come join in ***

Went on lockdown yesterday. I'm so anxiouse to see what hatches.
fl.gif

Of the 14 D'Anver eggs 7 mottled and 7 millie fleur I'm now down to 13. 7 being mottled and 6 being millie fleur eggs. I must have missed that one really early on when candling
hide.gif

I usually have pips by now, I know it's only day 19 but still these eggs seem a day behind.
hu.gif

I could have swore I seen movement yesterday, but then again my eyes could be playing tricks with me.
ep.gif

I'll just keep sitting back and waiting for my pot to boil.
pop.gif

I caught the broody off her nest for her little mealtime. I had given her 7 eggs but when I looked in there were only 6 in there. I think she must have eaten one. She is isolated and the egg was nowhere to be found. I guess she didn't read my post about how expensive those eggs were lol!

I candled Fluffy's egg last night, and I saw a tiny black spot in the egg that would jiggle if you shook the egg. And I saw a few veins. Is it dead? Shouldn't it be bigger by day 9?

mine are due tomorrow
smile.png
the last 2 days the temp went up to 102 f so hope they live also i have a broody 3 weeks after she started laying again from her first eggs hatching lol i up 8 blue silkie eggs under her
smile.png

I finally got my blue turken eggs today!!!! Yay!!!!!
He sent 25......1 on the top was smashed, but it was the only one.

They are settling right now. I cleaned my bator and letting it dry to reset humidity.

Guess the EHD is the 31st (my hubbys bday)

I belive that the little splash chick I hatched yesterday is... ''special". It is deformed as far as how it's head feet, and neck are shaped. It is a little slow (still flopping around in the incubator) but otherwise healthy. I am not willing to cull it seeing that it is not in pain... but what do I need to know about raising a special chick? How much harder is it comparing to raising a normal bird???

Back
Top Bottom