Austin: Sassy hen needs more room to roam

lennifer

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 9, 2013
Austin, TX
I have a hen that adopted me a while back and joined my flock. She's some kind of game hen, and very assertive. I recently moved to a location where the ladies have to be in the run during the day instead of free ranging, and she just isn't adjusting well. I was leaving the neighborhood this morning and spotted her 3 blocks from my yard, scratching away. If someone with some land is interested in a super sassy, prolific egg laying, endlessly entertaining hen, then Scraps would love to come home with you!

welcome-byc.gif
Wish that you lived closer. I would take her in a heartbeat.

lennifer, I am not able to take this hen but I am sure someone in the Austin area would. Are you a member of the Austin Backyard Poultry meet up group? We are group of poultry lovers in and around Austin. They have a forum where you could list this hen for local pick up. The do the Funky Chicken Coop tour every spring.

http://www.meetup.com/AustinBackyardPoultry/

It is an excellent group. Good luck with your rehoming.

I have a hen that adopted me a while back and joined my flock. She's some kind of game hen, and very assertive. I recently moved to a location where the ladies have to be in the run during the day instead of free ranging, and she just isn't adjusting well. I was leaving the neighborhood this morning and spotted her 3 blocks from my yard, scratching away. If someone with some land is interested in a super sassy, prolific egg laying, endlessly entertaining hen, then Scraps would love to come home with you!

Do you have a picture of her? I may be able to take her on. I live in north Austin and am getting ready to take my rooster to my parents ranch - freeing up some space.

I'll have to talk my husband into it. Maybe if I'm getting rid of my rooster, she can be the new leader of the group since you say she's pretty assertive.

If nobody has taken her I will. I have a little over five acres and my girls free rang so she should fit right in. I have five hens and five guineas hens,1 horse and 1 dog that watches over everyone.

Back
Top Bottom