Australian Incubator Suggestions

hailie16727

In the Brooder
Sep 24, 2023
i would love some incubator recomendation (i live in australia so please keep in mind i wont be able to purchase US brands) my budget is $250ish and i would love to have about 18 at a times so if anyone has a nice incubator with a high hatch rate drop in in the thread please and thankyou also a heat plate reccomendation would be nice. (and if any fellow aussie can tell me where to purchase an NR360 i would be so thankful)

i would love some incubator recomendation (i live in australia so please keep in mind i wont be able to purchase US brands) my budget is $250ish and i would love to have about 18 at a times so if anyone has a nice incubator with a high hatch rate drop in in the thread please and thankyou also a heat plate reccomendation would be nice. (and if any fellow aussie can tell me where to purchase an NR360 i would be so thankful)
Here is the link to the Australia group on BYC. I hope someone there can help you out! Good luck!

The only incubator in that budget would be the Janoel 24 (try and not get the 24s) but you need to keep it in a stable environment as they tend to overheat in our warmer weather. The janoel 60 (hex) are good for hatchers.
I have 2 janoel 24 a janoel 10 and hex but getting a QFQ Hova-Bator genesis (will still hatch in the hex)
Uneek poultry have lots to look at. The nature right is on sale for 291, that's highly recommended

These are the brooders I use. You can get different sizes. Google chick brooder, available on sites like catch

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231024-165512_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231024-165512_Samsung Internet.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 4
These are the brooders I use. You can get different sizes. Google chick brooder, available on sites like catch
That's the Premier 1 chick brooder. Great product. I have 2 of them. I also use the extra plastic cover. That keeps the chicks from roosting on top which keeps them clean.
I balked at the idea of buying one when several people raved about them. I balked at the price. I had built two large old school Ohio brooders that would brood hundreds of chicks. Then I did the math. The heat lamps I was using in the Ohio brooders in a single brooding were costing me nearly the cost of a Prremier 1 brooder pictured. I still have the others but haven't used them in years.

Hello, I have just joined and this is my first Post.
Still learning everything.

I have the Janoel 130140, Yellow lid.
Holds 40 Eggs. I got it from Facebook marketplace and there I seen all the reviews on it.
Everyone was saying its doomed, you will get nothing ect.
My first hatch was 100% success rate.
I lost 1, shrink wrapped. It survived and really tried to live but I put it out of its misery.
So to me it wasn't the incubator at all.
Goodluck! I am in Victoria.

Back
Top Bottom