Australian Spotted Ducks

Yes, I have proven pairs and young pairs available since I need to cut back on my greenheads due to bringing in blueheads this year. I brought in silverheads last year so I hatched my own bluehead hens to go with the bluehead drakes I added. I want to get my NPIP certification so I can ship birds but not until after the weather cools off in the fall. I will send you a PM.

Yes, I have proven pairs and young pairs available since I need to cut back on my greenheads due to bringing in blueheads this year. I brought in silverheads last year so I hatched my own bluehead hens to go with the bluehead drakes I added. I want to get my NPIP certification so I can ship birds but not until after the weather cools off in the fall. I will send you a PM.

Thanks bunches!!!

I currently have 3 spots. 2 greens and a blue. I would be interested in additional hens as I think I have 2 drakes. Do you think you will
have any for sale? Please PM me. Thanks! Here's my babies :)

ry%3D400

I will be selling lots of hens but I also have lots of drakes that need homes. I have enough that I could part with a single hen without a drake but if you want two hens I would need to sell them as a trio. The drakes make the best pets for people who want pretty ducks to eat slugs and bugs but it seems more people want ducks for eggs and to breed. Because these ducks are rare, I try to sell them as breeding pairs or trios and I don't offer hens alone. If you have two drakes and want two breeding pairs, I could make an exception. I will be selling all my greenhead drakes and just keeping bluehead and silverhead drakes with greenhead, bluehead, and silverhead hens.

I will be selling lots of hens but I also have lots of drakes that need homes. I have enough that I could part with a single hen without a drake but if you want two hens I would need to sell them as a trio. The drakes make the best pets for people who want pretty ducks to eat slugs and bugs but it seems more people want ducks for eggs and to breed. Because these ducks are rare, I try to sell them as breeding pairs or trios and I don't offer hens alone. If you have two drakes and want two breeding pairs, I could make an exception. I will be selling all my greenhead drakes and just keeping bluehead and silverhead drakes with greenhead, bluehead, and silverhead hens.

So I'm taking it from your post that all three colors can be bred to each other and that you don't have to have separate pens? How do the color genetics work?

I thought this was a silverhead when it hatched but it is mostly white so now I am not sure what color she is.

This is what she looked like at hatching.

Back
Top Bottom