Australians - Where are you all????

Pics
Dont have only 1 "chicken" But here goes with my ducks anyway.. Oh...and one of Morri the silkie too..
46956_layers_1.jpg

46956_my_5.jpg

46956_chickiething.jpg

46956_one_more.jpg

And last but not least my little Regie the black Indian Runner who is disabled.

She hatched with a slipped tendon and has never walked. She is such a sweet little girl.
46956_sam_1270.jpg

I was thinking of doing something with the trampoline I have here at home too. But since I get to bring home so many different bits and pieces from work for making brooders and pens etc- I just havent ever gotten around to it. Would love to see what you can do with yours Jen71.

Quote:
Not a problem... Most of the Australians on here do have chickens rather than ducks... I just like showing mine off at any oppurtunity
gig.gif

The duck wearing the jacket is Flipps - She was a shipped egg that hatched with a Thiamin deficiency- She has some odd ways and is such a character.

Jen71- You have probably mentioned it around somewhere- But what breeds are your chickens??

kezabel - do you have any tips on sexing young Silkies??? I have no idea what mine is- And I am hoping it will never crow though.

All your chicks and ducks are just gorgeous. As for that raincoat - you should market it! Although raincoats for Ducks?HMMM! - but it looks as is it was custom made for her!
clap.gif
:
cool.png

Deals Direct (www.dealsdirect.com.au) have a small animal pen which is huge and has a top to it - I used it as the pen at first, but now just use the interlocking pieces to make various pens! For a top I just use shadecloth held on with clothes pegs. Fully portable! I went to order another one($79 by the way), but they are out of stock but will take orders as they are waiting on a shipment. If you go to the pet section it is on the 6th page. I will take photos in the morning and post them
frow.gif
of the ways that I have used them, that way you'll get pics of some of my chickens too!
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
Ive seen those pet play pend before- You can sometimes buy covers for some of them as well. I just measured the panels of the cages I get from Bunninbgs. They are nearly 90cm wide and about 75 tall. $25 for 4 pannels- So a lot cheaper then bigger than the pet play pen ones- But dosent have a door way into it. They are found flat packed in the area near compost and worm farm containers are stacked.

I did actually buy that purple rain coat for Flipps too.. It was at the Melbourne pet and animal expo earlier this year - she also has a cute little singlet top which i will have to alter so she can wear it.. But only for speceil occasions like when I take her to Poultry club display days- The kids will love it. . I also got some shoes sent over from a member on here who sells shoes for ducks. I was going to use them for keeping their feet clean the night before a show. Havent used them yet- But the first show is coming up soon.

Quote:
Not a problem... Most of the Australians on here do have chickens rather than ducks... I just like showing mine off at any oppurtunity
gig.gif

The duck wearing the jacket is Flipps - She was a shipped egg that hatched with a Thiamin deficiency- She has some odd ways and is such a character.

Jen71- You have probably mentioned it around somewhere- But what breeds are your chickens??

kezabel - do you have any tips on sexing young Silkies??? I have no idea what mine is- And I am hoping it will never crow though.

Its really hard to tell with silkies until they are around 4 months old unless you have two or more to compare them against, what I have noticed is that a cockrels tail will sit up higher than the pullets have you got any more photos of your lil one?, from that photo its hard to see much of its characteristics. I've got two silkie chicks that hatched on Australia day this year and I'm still guessing lol
Here they are
29985_p1040641.jpg

I think the one that is up on the garden bed is a girl and the one down below is a boy but i'm not sure yet.

I will take some more photos tonight...it has gotten a lot bigger since that one was taken..But smaller than your too- so I might just have to keep waiting...Crow or lay an egg..I wonder which???

Hey there,
My first broody hens are due This sunday, but she got out of the rabbit hutch today and i think we may have lost them as the eggs had cooled down:( i was very dissapointed.,ive put her back on so we will see what happens and We will keep our fingers crossed. Our second broody hens eggs are due today week..Once they hatch and if we are fortunate enough to get any babies should i leave them with there mums or take them and put them under a light as its starting to get cold here?? first timer so im not sure what to do...Thanks heaps for any advice..

Back
Top Bottom