Australians - Where are you all????

Pics
This place can have that effect on you
lol.png

ChooksinChoppers Now your signature makes so much more sense. I saw a post by you a while ago- and had a chuckle when I saw it. But knowing that you grew up here makes it very fitting that you should remember the wonderful country of your youth. Welcome to the Aussie thread...

Quote:
Yes I do miss it very much But home is where your heart and chickens are
lol.png
Strangely enough I thought that calling chickens "chooks" would befudle many peeps on BYC...but it is more common than I realised
gig.gif
I got the name from the song Cows with Guns which is now one of my american born daughter's favorite song....that, and 6 white boomers
lol.png

Another show on tomorrow...I am nervous that my boy was just having beginners luck for his first time out., Hope he does well again tomorrow with some different competition. Looking forward to a show where I havent had a heap of paperwork to prepare beforehand...and dont have to clean up afterwards as well. Should be a good day.

Oh, hey ducky!

Good luck for the show.
You still up at this time, eh?
tongue.png

It's getting on 11:15, but I'm cutting myself some slack
lol.png

I am usually up til mid night...have to do a last feed so my babies all sleep through the night... I dont like getting woken up at 4am by hungry ducklings.... ( hatching ones are ok though
big_smile.png
)

Hi all, just checking in here.
smile.png

Hope you boy does well today Ducky.

I have chicks due on Monday, planning on turning the 'bater off then. It hasn't been off since I bought it early this year!
lol.png
I haven't hatched as many as I'd hoped due mainly to fertility issues with bought eggs. I do have OODLES of roos though.
hmm.png
Going to be having a lot of roasts by the look of things. I was considering auctioning them after the first auction I went to where roos were making decent prices but at the last one they were going for as low as $1 each.
th.gif

I think I have 2 pullets from all the mutts I've hatched. DH said I should just go buy girls next time if I'm going to keep hatching 95% roos. I'm not going to argue with that!

Roll on spring and the breeding season. Hoping I'll have better luck hatching pullets from my own eggs.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom