Australians - Where are you all????

Dang this thread is slow...

woot.gif
I just started page 100!

Faster at times... I havent been on much as i have a heap of paperwork to wade through for the organisation of a poultry club show. I really dont like OEG's this time of year..so many different varieties and the names are so long. I have to write out all the prize cards as well....it takes forever.

I wonder how its some people can have just so many different breeds of birds. One fellow rang in his entries tonight meaning I had to fill in his entry form by hand as well- 29 birds- 26 different breed/ colour varieties.. I would get lost keeping so many. I much prefer my Runners... harlequins, Cinnamons...and others... Thats how it goes in my yard.

From the Greater Bendigo area, Victoria. It's p**sing down with rain right now, hope the ducks are ok :p Chickens should be snug in their shed.

We have had a very wet weekend here but thankfully that has kept the overnight tempreatures a little warmer than they have been. I do not know what is going on with my animals this year. I have 2 bantam frizzles that are about to hatch nests of hidden eggs and yesterday went to the muscovey pen to give them some scraps and found an egg. Now that is so odd as my muscoveys never lay in winter usually start again in september. I thought i was seeing things lol.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi there Irukanji. Bendigo is such a lovely town. I have a block up land up that way near Dunolly. I love going gold detecting up around there... not that I find much - but just getting out of the city and into the bush is wonderful.

Satay.. even my young goose is laying here!! I was so shocked to see an egg from her so early too.

For anyone in Victoria wondering what to do this weekend.... There is a Poultry show on at Bacchus Marsh on Saturday - Run by the Footscray Poultry Club. On Sunday you could take a drive to Kyneton for a Poultry Auction. Alternatively...with the weather forecast- you may just want to stay rugged up inside where it will be much warmer
big_smile.png

Wish that I could go, but have only just come back from the big smoke - Sydney. Was going to bring a Malay Rooster back,but to my disgust Jetstar don't have pressurised holds so won't transport animals
rant.gif
, guess who won't be flying Jetstar again! Anyway Justin from Ani Trans will be bringing one for me when he comes down in August for the Rare Breeds Show and Auction.
Hope everyone is o.k.,and it's so good to be home with my family of chickens and dogs again - oh,and DH of course!
lol.png

Welcome home wooklet !!!! Im sure everywingedbody was glad to have you home agaqin. Hope your trip was ok, and Im sure you are glad to be home too.. Travelling can be good at times - but its always nice to be home again.

Back
Top Bottom