Australians - Where are you all????

I candled mine last night. All seven are doing great. They have three mums now
roll.png
Two black silkies and a black silkie x wyandotte bantam.
They are on different incubation days though. So i'll have chicks popping out for a few days. Thats what happens when the sitter doesn't collect the eggs.

Yes. And it should be quite big by now.
I've got to try and find the guinea fowls nest tomorrow. Looks like it'll be an early morning. I don't want to be active from 8am-4pm, Thats the hot times
lol.png

It's humid hot here. I step outside and start dripping with sweat straight away. And the pool is drained
hit.gif
it went green over winter so we drained it... and never filled it up again. its such a tease.

Quote:
G'day Chrissy!
welcome-byc.gif

Been very hot down here too (I'm in northen Vic) but thankfully cooled down a bit now. Do you clip Oli for summer? My friend has recently clipped her small dog because she was really feeling the heat.

Good luck with your move, I grew up in Melbourne and moved out, I'd never go back!
lol.png
I love my few acres and all the critters here.

I do have some chooks with names, not all of them though as I have so many. I try not to name anyone I might want to sell as once they are named they are permanent residents. I have a lovely pet crossbred roo called Dodo. He got the name as a chick because he looked so odd and he reminded DH of a dodo and it stuck.
lol.png
He knows his name too, if I call him he comes running.
big_smile.png

I do spray my pens and chooks in the heat, some love it and some act like they are being murdered but they do seem happier afterwards.

I don't clip anyone's wings and I never would. I have fully covered pens and if someone did get out they'd need to be able to fly to safety as they are a lot of predators here. I want to get a livestock guardian dog so I can put them all out on the paddock in mobile pens so they could free range during the day.

Oh yeah, I forgot
big_smile.png

We will be getting a 'house dog' one that stays in the yard and around the house to keep other animals out and our animals safe. Unlike our two Lap dogs
roll.png
. guess what its going to be
big_smile.png

31066_images-1.jpeg

I wanted a Blue merle. Everyone else says they look ugly
sad.png
So it's the black and white. Heres a pic anyway

31066_images.jpeg

So we will be getting a pup sometime this year. Hopefully soon, I cant wait to start training it.
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
To guinea fowl galore

Thanks for your offer. I would love to look at your personal webpage. It has been suggested that Australorps and Isa Browns would be a good start. What type of chickens do you have? I will probably purchase chickens that are close to laying. But first things first, I have to organise my chicken coop.

Thanks again for your offer.

Cheers
Chrissy
cool.png

PS: Stay cool

Back
Top Bottom