Australorps Breeding for SOP and Exhibition Thread

Pics
What a good looking hen! It is nice when they do not lose all of their feathers when they molt.

Best wishes on the Broody hatch too
THANKS so much, ive got my fingers crossed we get some nice chicks from this beautiful pare of Aussies , i have been blessed with them my blue hen & roo plus 2 more gorgeous hupp Aussies, a beautiful splash roo & a gorgeous large black hen, and these 4 were on their way to a show when i bought all 4, just days before , my only regret now is that i should have allowed Chet Hupp , to continue on to the show with them (( since he had save the 4 Aussies for a year & they were his show picks for that year )) but i bought them before they went to the show & now i regret taking them home , they should have continued on to that show , i know they would have won...!!! :tho well hindsight is 20/20 :rolleyes: :p this is my splash roo below

Attachments

• 101_9407.jpg
    101_9407.jpg
    604.2 KB · Views: 12
7 of my 11 eggs have hatched out now. I'm waiting to see if the other 4 will hatch too. It looks like I'm getting mostly the blues in different shades of it. Some are a lighter blue, and some a darker blue. I have one splash chick that I plan to keep and grow out. I'm hoping that it will be a pullet though.
Congratulations!
That is very good news!

Congratulations!
That is very good news!

Thank you! I sold the chicks from my last 2 hatches, but still keep in contact with the one's who bought them from me. Today one of them sent me an email with a couple of pictures of the ones that she got from me. The one that she had sitting on her lap is a blue that has some real nice lacing going on, so I know I am headed in the right direction. I have added those 2 new black just starting to lay hens to my flock with my blue rooster to work on the better lacing in the future blue chicks from them.

Thank's! I am happy about bringing more of these chicks into the world!

Well, when my 7 chicks hatched out on Friday, I still had 4 more eggs left. (They were supposed to hatch on Sunday) I left those 4 eggs in the incubator, and another chick just hatched out yesterday. So, that's now 8 out of the 11 eggs that made it to lock-down that have hatched. I ended up with 4 Blues, 3 Blacks, and 1 Splash.

Back
Top Bottom