Australorps

Chick-Mahal

Chirping
May 21, 2021
Concord, NH
Can anyone chime in with experience in this breed? All I know is what I read, they are great egg producers and are some great diversities of black and white feathers. I am calling them the Australorp Gang.

Can anyone chime in with experience in this breed? All I know is what I read, they are great egg producers and are some great diversities of black and white feathers. I am calling them the Australorp Gang.
My experience of Australorps is just one, my alpha hen, Annie. She is a steady head hen who squats for me (I don't have a rooster,) but mostly just minds her own business, not like some of my other chickens who seek me out for attention.
She lays well, but gets a little loud with her, "I am about to lay an egg" announcements! Not related to laying, she is pretty quiet.
I live in a climate with harsh winters and she does fine with the cold.
She doesn't create a lot of drama in the flock. I would definitely like to have another Australorp someday.

My friend had 2 Australorps, among other breeds, in a community garden. She loved them so much, she urged me to get one. She said they were quiet, friendly, and good layers. It was the only breed she recommended. I will be getting one next month!
I have to say my giral are anything but quiet, they all get really loud right as they go to bed. They are apply named the Australorp Gang!! So far I do love them and only 3 weeks old.

Almost 4 weeks old here.

Attachments

• IMG_20210604_093726658[1].jpg
    IMG_20210604_093726658[1].jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom