Auto chicken doors...

ChickenGuard all the way. Just came out with their newly redesigned units, lots of future enhancements planned for down the road. Works like a charm, and has adjustable LUX sensor if in the shade so the light sensor works properly.

www.chickenguardian.com/buy-chickenguard

Also "backyard15" coupon promo for $15 off.
IMG_20170509_074733.jpg
IMG_20170518_235934_933.jpg

I've had a Chuxaway door for about 2 1/2 years now and it's worked flawlessly. It works on 3 AA batteries and has a programmable timer. I didn't want one that was controlled by light because there are headlights of cars, etc near my coop. They ship from England, but mine arrived pretty quickly and the company is very responsive by email.

I had chickens for 15 years before one was taken early in the morning by a fox when I was leaving the door open. My run is not Fort Knox, but didn't have trouble leaving them open from time to time for all those years & then it happened. I waited 22 years before getting an auto door & I love it! It is a lot of money to me, but I am glad I have it now, especially because we go away many weekends in the summer.

The door from coopgadgets.com has a programmable delay feature that delays the light-sensor based door closing time. This prevents lockout of the chickens at dusk. There's a built-in charger for the battery and an optional solar panel. The control panel can also be placed outside the coop so if you need to use the manual open/close function, you can do so from outside the coop. It also uses the motor gears to "lock" the door in place so it's difficult or impossible for predators to force the door open.

The door from coopgadgets.com has a programmable delay feature that delays the light-sensor based door closing time. This prevents lockout of the chickens at dusk. There's a built-in charger for the battery and an optional solar panel. The control panel can also be placed outside the coop so if you need to use the manual open/close function, you can do so from outside the coop. It also uses the motor gears to "lock" the door in place so it's difficult or impossible for predators to force the door open.
Has anyone used these doors?

Back
Top Bottom