Auto Coop Door advice

I have a chicken guard extreme. It was installed in June and last night I go out and the door has had a "error" and wouldn't close. I had to disassemble, restore to defaults and reprogram everything in the dark. I considered just cutting the string, but then it wouldn't open in the morning and I have some younger pullets in witht he flock and didn't want them all locked in the coop with nowhere to run. That is the downside to the automatic doors.

My chicken guard (I have the standard) randomly malfunctioned one day but after reprogramming it it went right back to working normally.

When we have young birds integrating in, I do set the door to open very early, or have even propped it open with a brick overnight, just to ensure chicks can get out in the morning if there's any bullying issues. Obviously there's some predator risk in doing it that way, so I really try to push through that phase as quickly as possible.

I built my own run off solar power. Pretty inexpensive and the panel I bought is way overkill. I’ll be adding lights soon.

it’s run off a timer switch and an actuator.

Back
Top Bottom