Auto coop doors

jqp93513

Hatching
Jun 15, 2022
Looking for a good auto open,/close door that's not a scam. So many alphabet named sites offering quality coops and doors at 10 percent. Just want a quality door at a fair price from a trusted supplier.

726B73EF-30DD-4930-B29B-081C26C9B544.jpeg

Chicken guard extreme with self locking door. After two years, no issues.

Omlet, Chicken Guard, Ador, Pullet Shut are all doors that get pretty good reviews on here. I have a Chicken Guard since I was looking for a guillotine style with a battery timer.

After spending a bunch of time researching here on BYC I was pretty confident in going with an Omlet. Then I met a local chicken keeper who loves her Omlet door going on 3+ years so I got one. Just installed it this weekend.

The coop is getting replaced with a pole barn this August so the install is not pretty but it was easy. I replaced one of the clean out doors with a scrap soffit facing from the house build. It's setup on solar timing and so far after a week with it I'm in love. I wanted a sideways open door that had solid crush-prevention and could do lightness/darkness timing. My only desire would be to hook it up to solar power rather than 4AA batteries.
20220612_092629.jpg

Back
Top Bottom