Auto door opener recommendations

I use Ador1 electric light sensor operated type. Have used it for over 3 years with no problems. I think it is still $219 delivered. Check their website. I change a $5 battery once per year.
Amazon has something similar for around $170 + tax + delivery, unless you have prime. I'm not totally sure, but the Amazon door looks slightly smaller opening. Check both, and read the specifications and compare to be sure.
There are many other pop door options out there. Some you need to supply/build your own door, and they only provide the power unit.
Ask anything else you are not sure of.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

I have an automatic door opener, a friend built for my coop. It's a blessing!
I suggest you buy one that has a timer to open/close the door, not the one activated by light, as in case of bad weather, storm and not enough light the hens could remain closed outside. Anyway, money well spent!

I have the Pullet shut automatic door (https://chickendoors.com/) So I have had it operation for about 5 months and it is fantastic. I use a solar charger. It’s a life changer espnsince I travel a bit ( well...before Covid). Super easy to install too It has a second chance feature so the lollygaggers can get in but that rarely happens.

I also have the Ador. It works great. I like that it has a larger opening than other doors plus the door sits in a channel when shut. This helps prevents predators from trying to pry the door open, since they can't get a hold of the door flap.
THIS. The fact that it is more predator proof is why I have the Ador.

I've had the Ador for a few years now. It's fantastic and programmable. I've changed the battery just once so far.

I also use the Chicken Guard door, for about a year now. No issues with it at all. Girls are happy they don't have to wait for me to let them out any more.

Back
Top Bottom