Automated Coop Design

First - Thanks for taking the time to write this out AND for the link for the Feeder.

it probably should be obvious, but can you explain the Black Strips and Wire concept. Does it just force the chickens to face a certain direction when roosting?

First - Thanks for taking the time to write this out AND for the link for the Feeder.

it probably should be obvious, but can you explain the Black Strips and Wire concept. Does it just force the chickens to face a certain direction when roosting?
Hanging wire deters them from trying to nest or roost on the poop board. Black rubber strips remind them to roost and poop in the right direction.

I am aware of how long six feet is. My point is that 10 birds will not fit on that if they are normal size birds.
I do appreciate the input. After slaughter this year I'll be down to 9 chickens and then 8 the year after so they'll have more room. We're overproducing eggs a bit right now so don't need so many. The chickens don't occupy the whole roost and 5 of them are pretty small because they're leghorns so maybe they need less space. I don't have any problems with bullying, pecking behavior or otherwise. Once they all get on the roost and jockey for their spots they seem calm.

Back
Top Bottom