Automatic Chicken door

Double J Farms

Chirping
Mar 30, 2022
I bought one off of ebay. Not happy with it. Whats the best brand of Automatic chicken coop door out there. I need something bomb proof and reliable. Not concerned with cost.

Omlet is what I have. A bit spendy, but worth every penny. 2.5 years of use, still on same batteries. I love the feature that if a hen is sitting in the doorway and it closes on her (any slight pressure), it opens back up. I never had it happen except the straw got bunched up, preventing it from closing all the way (I found it open after hours and cleared the straw away)

We have an Ador1. Works great, runs off lantern battery, and no visible plastic (which will deteriorate fast at our altitude, due to sun and snow).
thx for sharing about your Ador1. I texted them and they responded right away. I didn't know they have an Ador1 Mini, which will work perfectly for my 24" high ChickShaw, built from Justin Rhodes' plans. (Ador1 requires 28.5"- the Mini only 20")

I recently purchased an upgraded version of the automatic chicken gate from Amazon. I installed it on my chicken coop. The automatic chicken coop door supports timer and light sensor mode and is compatible with manual mode simultaneously. The chicken coop door with a light sensor can open at dawn and close at dusk by detecting the change of sunlight while protecting your chickens from predators at night. You can set a specific time for opening and closing by using timer mode.

If you want the light sensor I would NOT recommend the Omlet. Love it otherwise but light sensor is useless as it opens to late. The have it hard programmed to a 20 minute delay. Too long even when set to open at light at a 1.

Back
Top Bottom