Automatic coop door killed chicken

3FCF7BE7-498C-4C8B-B37A-E556DE5149A8.png
I have an auto door and have watched it close many times. It is so slow that any chicken in its right mind would easily be able to escape it. Unless the cable to raise/lower the door broke.

I’m SO SORRY this happened to you & your rooster.

I am pretty upset to say the least. We have the autocoop brand it is very slow I have also have watched it and never had a problem. I am going to call them today and see what they have to say. I did not think it would come down that hard on the if they did happen to get stuck but like I said it was not good .

That door looks like it is powered by an electric actuator with no safety devices to stop it if there's an obstruction (like your rooster) in the opening. Those actuators can be very powerful and will just keep trying to close the door with something under it, as you found with your rooster.

That door looks like it is powered by an electric actuator with no safety devices to stop it if there's an obstruction (like your rooster) in the opening. Those actuators can be very powerful and will just keep trying to close the door with something under it, as you found with your rooster.
What is th brand that has a safety?

I don't even know if any of them have safeties. I'm just familiar enough with mechanisms to see that there isn't one here, and I know those actuators don't have anything like a built-in clutch to stop it if the door hasn't gone all the way.

Back
Top Bottom