Automatic door closed on chicken

"but dude, its a freekin chicken coop." But dude I was asked several times why NOT wifi.

"Corporations use both." Yes they do but tell which do they use most. Also I never said that they don't.

"Not everybody feels the need to come on a chicken forum and tout their credentials."
When did I do that? I stated that I worked in the industry. I never gave credentials.

"They are animals that no amount of sensors will mitigate the need to go check on, preferably daily at least. I let mine out to play. I have some losses. I have injuries to deal with. I have a happy flock. Tech is cool. It pays my bills. Do it if enjoy it."

Relax. This is just a discussion in a forum. There a lot of opinions. Points were made and countered. Don't take it personal.
"As a person who has worked in communications and has a degree in Computer Networking"

I'm not taking anything personal. You just seem like a know it all.

"As a person who has worked in communications and has a degree in Computer Networking"

I'm not taking anything personal. You just seem like a know it all.

Dude that's not credentials. That is just a very generalized background IN THE Field of topic. If I had listed all my degrees and awards plus Length of time in all the fields of work , that's what you call credentials.

"I'm not taking anything personal."

Yes you are. People who accuse other people of being like a "know it all", are generally people who are taking it personal. I noticed this from you in the other thread as well. Further more YOU JUST MADE it personal.

"You just seem like a know it all." All tho the way you phrased it is odd. Sounds like in your eyes that I know it all. I would kinda see why. Every time a topic is brought up I have knowledgeable response, option, or opinion.

Not to mention that I have stayed to the topic at hand unless otherwise asked. You on the other had are on this thread making comments that do not have anything to do with the topic. There is a rant section in the forum section of this site. Might want to take this there.

Good day.

I wrote a reply several times and then I thought, this is a chicken forum on the internet.

Not worth the effort.
Missed this one.

Not going to put the " effort" into it either. I will just post this from others who have.

"

SECURITY.

In general, wireless networks are less secure than wired networks since the communication signals are transmitted through the air. Because the connection travels via radio wave, it can easily be intercepted if the proper encryption technologies (WEP, WPA2) are not in place.
https://www.ouritdept.co.uk/wired-v...wireless networks are,WPA2) are not in place.
However, when properly secured, wireless network security is relatively safe. The encryption technologies prevent unauthorized users from deploying scanners to identify and penetrate the network.
https://www.ouritdept.co.uk/wired-v...wireless networks are,WPA2) are not in place.

SPEED.

As a whole, wireless networks lack the data transmission speed capability of wired networks. Instead, a wireless network is primarily dependent upon the maximum speed capability of your current configuration. In this case, a hybrid solution is sometimes deployed with both wired and wireless connections.

RELIABILITY AND STABILITY.

In terms of reliability and stability, wireless networks are prone to interference by other networks, wireless enabled devices, and objects such as walls that can obstruct the connection. Additionally, if you are a mobile worker and you are changing locations, the strength of the signal can vary as well. Therefore, the amount of latency you experience with a wireless network will be inconsistent when compared with a wired network.
"

And that will be the end of it.. TY

Back
Top Bottom