Automatic Door with latch

owler

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
Northen NJ
What has always bothered me about automatic chicken doors is that they seem less than secure. I thought this would be perfect.

Does anyone have any idea how this latch is done?

Just a guess from watching the video a couple of times - But to me - it looks like the winch or linear actuator they are using is attached to the outside top of the 'latch'. when pulled it centers & then raises. when released it swings back into the lock position.

Might want to send the youtube owner a message & see if they will give instructions?

Wow... I tracked down their site after posting a re: on the vid.. That's a pretty simplistic method.. Basically what I had in mind, but just haven't had the time to work out the wiring on.. Bookmarked and planned to implement.

Though I'll just use a bare motor.. I have an old Kyosho RC car motor laying around that I used in an e-heli I built that's not seen service in some time.. Will have to build something up with it.

Here is their site.
http://www.fabiens.org/ckblog/?page_id=106

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thank you for tracking down their site. The pictures of the latch are much more clear. I think this is how I will try to do mine.

Back
Top Bottom