Automatic door

Starkominski

In the Brooder
May 26, 2017
Hi was looking for some help on picking out an automatic door for my new coop for my chickens. I’m looking for reviews or if any one you have had good or bad experience? Thanks

I have the Ador door in my coop and love it. It runs of a lantern battery, I’ve had the same one for over a year now. It has a light sensor to operate it. I have it mounted inside the coop, and never had a problem with the door opening or closing.

Hi was looking for some help on picking out an automatic door for my new coop for my chickens. I’m looking for reviews or if any one you have had good or bad experience? Thanks

Have you picked out a door yet? If you haven't, I would suggest chickendoors.com. I've had mine for 4 years now and never a problem. I use electricity out at the coop for mine but they do have a solar powered unit. It's the best thing I've bought for my chickens and they learn the door process very quickly. The door works off of a light sensor. Suns up, door opens. Suns down, door closes. BUT, if you have a couple of chickens who missed the door, no problem. The door reopens 1 minute after it closes and lets the chickens that got left out in. This is a great product.

Do you have lots of predators in your area? The chickendoors.com one looks light weight and easy for a coon to pry open. IS it tougher then it looks?

Back
Top Bottom