Automatic watering

This was the idea I had.Works really well. Three thirty gallon barrels that I fill with a garden hose for now, plan to catch water from roof run off. Only thing that I have added that is not in photo is a vent hose for each barrel to help in filling process.

Sooooo cool! You must be watering more than just chickens or expecting a lot of rain. I have a 55 gallon drum and the overflow tube is my vent. In your case, one barrel feeds the next and then the next.Trapped air is a problem in your case as the air has no place to escape except back through your plastic fill lines. The plumbing department in most hardware stores sell a trapped air vent for copper plumbing. Dont know if you might be able to incorporate this into your set up or not. Just a thought! They let air escape but dont leak.

Pretty cool
thumbsup.gif

Where did you obtain your wall mount brackets for the PVC? Same section of the store I presume. I used the metal conduit wall hangers instead. Kind of wish I had seen yours first. I also used the nipple waterers instead of the cups due to costs. I think the cups are definitely more versatile. I will try to post some pic's of my set up soon.

I got the hanger at my local hardware store,I like the idea of the vent, I do have it vented now first time it took a while to fill. I like to hunt and fish and I am gone for a few days at a time. Wife and kids like fresh eggs but hate to carry water. Wanted to make sure I had enough water capacity.

I think I have the water down pat too. Less maintenance is always better. I am working on an automatic feeder much like a deer spreader. I will keep this site updated if it works out. This will work real well in my run area and free up cleanup and mess in the coop. Good luck fishing this season!

Back
Top Bottom