Autosexing/ sexlink question

osopepper

In the Brooder
May 7, 2021
Hi
I was told by a fellow hobbyist that breeding a copper maran roo with a cream legbar hen creates an autosexable olive egger. Is that true?

if so does anyone have pictures of them?
As chicks and full grown?

let me know
Thanks
Andrew

Hi
I was told by a fellow hobbyist that breeding a copper maran roo with a cream legbar hen creates an autosexable olive egger. Is that true?

if so does anyone have pictures of them?
As chicks and full grown?

let me know
Thanks
Andrew
Autosexing I believe is only an option within through the same breed... I don’t believe they will be auto sexed or sex linked.

Autosexing is when they continuously produce sexable chicks generation after generation.
Sex linked is a cross that produces sexable chicks but only works for that first generation.
That cross will produce sex linked olive eggers. Males will hatch will a light colored spot on their heads and females won't have the spot.

Autosexing is when they continuously produce sexable chicks generation after generation.
Sex linked is a cross that produces sexable chicks but only works for that first generation.
That cross will produce sex linked olive eggers. Males will hatch will a light colored spot on their heads and females won't have the spot.
Nice good to know. I will be trying that then
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom