Autumn Surprise

Fyre-of-Whidbey

Hatching
Sep 11, 2015
My pet Silkie Bantam Flock gave me a surprise,
2 days ago of one little fluffy chick, with the weather changing I would like to
find at least one little friend for it so I can move it to a safe warm brooding area.
If you happen to have a few days old chick around I would love to give it a home.
contact me by email at [email protected]

welcome-byc.gif

Congratulations on your new chick! You might be able to find some company for it by posting on your state thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread

Good luck and thank you for joining us!

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I hope you can find you silkie a buddy! Chickens are social creatures and thrive by having a companion so I definitely agree with you that you should get another one. Good luck to you and welcome to our flock!

Did mama brood the chick, or did you incubate the egg? Mama's usually take good care of their babies and keep them warm. They also teach them what to eat and where to find water.

If chick is in the brooder, you can give it a small stuffed toy to cuddle with and a mirror, so it thinks there is another chick. If getting buddies for the lone chick, try to get ones of the same age, size so integration goes easier.

Momma Brooded the chick but she wasn't safe in the yard with the rest of my bantams. as it is small enough to walk right threw the chicken wire

Back
Top Bottom