Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by KsTornado11, Mar 16, 2008.

1. KsTornado11

KsTornado11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Kansas
    I've been trying to upload my avatar from the old BYC,and it keeps saying it's too big. [​IMG] How on earth can I get an avatar? Can you use one off photobucket? I only see an "upload" feature,do you upload it from photobucket??

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    copy your old one to the desktop then upload it on photobucket. then edit to avatar size [​IMG]

3. KsTornado11

Jan 11, 2007
    Kansas
    How do you upload it from photobacket? Post the url in the upload box?

4. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    when you are on photobucket click browse, upload your old avatar form the desktop and upload. [​IMG]

5. KsTornado11

Jan 11, 2007
    Kansas
    I have it on photobucket already. I can't figure out how to get it on THIS board.... in "personality" there is "upload avatar" and browse.... ??? I see nowhere to paste a photobucket URL.

6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

You need to download the avatar to your desktop. Then left click your down loaded file and check the "file size on disk". That size must be under 15kb. If so, then from the byc page, upload from your desktop.

7. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    ok if you edited it you can click save as and then onto your comp. then add it as your avatar

8. KsTornado11

Jan 11, 2007
    Kansas
    Hmmm...it's 15.4 kb...don't know how to shrink it....

9. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    there is edit next to the pic after uploading. then after you click edit it will take you to another page. click edit then avatar size

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  10. KsTornado11

Jan 11, 2007
    Kansas
    YAY!! Ok I had to reset the avatar size BEFORE I uploaded it to photobucket,as it wouldn't let me resize it once it was already uploaded [​IMG]!! Then I saved it to my PC & uploaded it. Thanks guys! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by