Avian Flu (H5N1) - Discussion

Have your birds been affected by the Avian Flu?

• Total voters
I agree! I’ve lost 3 chicks and 2 adult hens in the past 3 weeks. I took the last hen’s body in for a necropsy and if it’s positive for Avian Flu, I’m supposed destroy the flock. I don’t understand this, because wild birds are the most obvious spreaders which can’t be controlled. My birds don’t leave our property. If they are sick, I will either treat or euthanize, but if not, why kill them? Wouldn’t their immune systems just be stronger? “They” are doing the same thing with this as with Covid. Trying to control the virus and controlling us in the process. Their science in that case was seriously flawed.
This is insane. There are no government conspiracies to take away your chickens or your rights.

If i ever do get a bird with AI…. which I hope I won’t… But if I do, I hope it’s not my favorite/one of my favorites. They always seem to get sick/die. Take my Ruby for example. She’s sick right now, and she is my 2nd favorite.
How is Ruby doing? I have a Ruby and she flies up onto my shoulder when I come to feed or water them. 🧡

Back
Top Bottom