Avian Flu (H5N1) - Discussion

Have your birds been affected by the Avian Flu?

• Total voters
Pics
My flock is doing ok. I seem to be in one of the few states left that this bird flue hasn't been reported yet in. I check this link frequently to try to keep tab's on what states it's at, and it tell's how many bird's have been put down and what type of bird's.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ou...pai-2022/2022-hpai-commercial-backyard-flocks
Insane that Texas only has one reported case. But judging by all the fools on FB they aren't planning on reporting it. And people wonder why the government wants to register your flocks so they know where potential issues could occur.

Insane that Texas only has one reported case. But judging by all the fools on FB they aren't planning on reporting it. And people wonder why the government wants to register your flocks so they know where potential issues could occur.
Lucky me, as I don't do Facebook. I'm glad that I don't.

I meant that it hasn't gotten to the point where they are performing mandatory euthanasia on any birds in the "hot zones." Most places seem to require quarantine and testing within a certain radius, but not euthanasia. That was my point.
Yes, that's true. The hot zones for state culling are much smaller than in vND. I hadn't considered that - but that's as much a factor of the State making the decision as a specific response to the disease in question. CA brought a sledge where they may perhaps have brought a std. claw head hammer.

If their coop appears on google maps, the State will find them - its how CA found backyard flocks during Newcastle. and when that didn't work, they did aerial flyovers.

If their coop appears on google maps, the State will find them - its how CA found backyard flocks during Newcastle. and when that didn't work, they did aerial flyovers.
Mhmm. If people can use Google maps to identify and steal expensive koi from backyard ponds they can use them to locate chickens.

Back
Top Bottom