Aviaries

DuckDodgers

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 1, 2013
Hey I'm thinking about getting some ornamental pheasants and other birds. I was thinking about building a dome aviary with all sorts , of natural plants and maybe a pond in it. I would love to see pics of your outdoor aviaries/ pens for your birds, so I can get some ideas.

Wow that looks great! How many birds can you keep in there? and what type of plants do you use?

I really appreciate your pic
smile.png

regards,

porter marceau

I have a pair in each 6x12.I don't have any live plants in there.I put x mas trees in after the new year and don't replace them until the following year.They are dead but are not bare so the birds have hiding places.I did build 5 8x16x10 and planted aboratives and American bamboo in there,but neiher survived.
In N.H.,Tony.

I have a pair in each 6x12.I don't have any live plants in there.I put x mas trees in after the new year and don't replace them until the following year.They are dead but are not bare so the birds have hiding places.I did build 5 8x16x10 and planted aboratives and American bamboo in there,but neiher survived.
In N.H.,Tony.

Cool Thats a good idea! What kind of pheasants do you keep in there?

This is my peafowl aviary. I love it a lot but I need to re-do the netting. I didn't think to put something on the posts to keep the netting from rubbing and breaking until after that happened. I also think I didn't get a sturdy enough netting. I keep seeing people say top-rite is nice netting. I am in the process of thinking about new pen ideas too so I am interested in seeing other comments on here. Make sure you get some tough plants to plant in the aviary. The birds will like to pick at the plants. Ornamental grass can be nice as well as clumping bamboo. I also love gold dust plant and fatsias. Oh and cast iron plants are nice too.

This pen is 40x50 ft. and about 15ft high. The measurements don't count the two add-ons to the pen like the metal area and a smaller attached pen.

Here is a link to a site I found recently with some really nice aviaries with ponds:
http://www.lrwc.net/facillities.html

I think my next one will have wire strung to help hold up the netting.

Last edited:

This is my peafowl aviary. I love it a lot but I need to re-do the netting. I didn't think to put something on the posts to keep the netting from rubbing and breaking until after that happened. I also think I didn't get a sturdy enough netting. I keep seeing people say top-rite is nice netting. I am in the process of thinking about new pen ideas too so I am interested in seeing other comments on here. Make sure you get some tough plants to plant in the aviary. The birds will like to pick at the plants. Ornamental grass can be nice as well as clumping bamboo. I also love gold dust plant and fatsias. Oh and cast iron plants are nice too.

This pen is 40x50 ft. and about 15ft high. The measurements don't count the two add-ons to the pen like the metal area and a smaller attached pen.

Here is a link to a site I found recently with some really nice aviaries with ponds:
http://www.lrwc.net/facillities.html

I think my next one will have wire strung to help hold up the netting.

Wow that is a really good looking aviary. thank you for sharing

Back
Top Bottom