Awaiting my first chicks..

Honey Badger Farm

In the Brooder
Jul 19, 2017
So first adventure in the world of back yard chickens.. I ordered 6 chicks from my pet chicken, 3 buff o., and 3 barred rocks (we live 5min away from Plymouth Rock, I felt obligated!). I'm a little nervous though since the weather turned today and will continue on tomorrow.. 90s all week last week, but now that the chicks shipped it's 50s and pouring rain!

Any thoughts, folks?

I'm staying in and dry/getting the brooder all set up today, I think I have everything I need for when they do arrive, just hoping the weather doesn't affect them in transit!

I'm also waiting for my chicks from Meyer - got a tracking number this morning :)
Did you get an estimated delivery date? My tracking number just shows "pre-shipment" with no other info.. it'd be nice to know if I'm going to have to make arrangements to leave work if the post office calls me tomorrow out of the blue!

They arrived! All chicks happy and healthy!

Attachments

• 20111.jpeg
    20111.jpeg
    312.8 KB · Views: 4
Mine actually arrived this afternoon about 3pm - all the way from OH to southern California. They all seem to be doing well :) I was very proactive on calling the PO and I'm glad I did because my phone # on the shipping label (for the PO to call me when they arrived) had the last 2 digits cut off, so I'm not sure how they would have gotten ahold of me.

Back
Top Bottom