Ayam Cemani Coloration

EmilyRobb

Songster
May 12, 2020
Southwestern Manitoba
I recently acquired an ayam cemani trio, not show quality by any means but the birds are in very good shape and are currently 4 months old, so I plant to breed them and try to get some show quality birds with the help of culling and the supposed rule of 10. Anyways. I've read that literally everything has to be black with the ayam cemanis, including the tongue. However, other sources have told me that it's ok as long as it's not white or pink. The tongues of my trio are all a dull grey, with the hue of an even mix between white and black. Nobody was cooperating so I couldn't get pictures. Is an ayam cemani with a grey tongue desirable, or is it outside of the standard of perfection? Can the grey tongue trait be bred out somehow, what are the genetics behind it?

@JacinLarkwell It's crazy to think about how popular the breed seems to be and yet the APA doesn't recognize it. I've read the Dutch SOP though, and that's what I've been trying to base my understanding off of but it doesn't seem to include the tongue

Additionally, I noticed that my ayam cemani rooster has purplish coloration on his wattle, but you can only see it in bright lighting such as direct or intense sun, or a flash for a picture, which is seen in the picture I included. Is this acceptable or would it deem the bird as "not up to standards"? (Any white/light coloration otherwise is due to the flash for the picture, the beak, comb, and feathers are all black)
Screenshot_20200607-121614_Gallery.jpg

Back
Top Bottom