Ayam Cemani pullet fair price?

Elisetheladybug

In the Brooder
Jul 6, 2021
First time poster. Hope this is the right thread

I have some 17 week old Ayam Cemani started pullets, and some friends and family are interested in purchasing them from me. What is a fair price? I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the $600 price tag I'm seeing online.

These are good quality birds. All black and no leakage. Hand raised.

What is the going rate? (And then I'll cut that down for a friends and family discount. lol)

Thanks chicken fam!🖤

In the UK they are a lot cheaper. £20 to £30 for a nicely set out youngster. Or maybe iv just been lucky? At the end of the day they are chickens . So maybe the question should be how much can the family member justify paying for a chicken? I recon I could be talked into giving someone family or friend I chuck or 2 but you don't have enough money if I don't like you or though you may neglect or mistreated them. If you trust the family members then go cheap (😆😅🤣😂) if your not too sure then go in heavy so they won't want to buy

In the UK they are a lot cheaper. £20 to £30 for a nicely set out youngster. Or maybe iv just been lucky? At the end of the day they are chickens . So maybe the question should be how much can the family member justify paying for a chicken? I recon I could be talked into giving someone family or friend I chuck or 2 but you don't have enough money if I don't like you or though you may neglect or mistreated them. If you trust the family members then go cheap (😆😅🤣😂) if your not too sure then go in heavy so they won't want to buy
Thank you for your reply. This seems like a much more reasonable price. I cant imagine ever asking $600 for. a. chicken! Unless like you said, I REALLY disliked the person 😂
these particular people, I like and they treats their birds well. They will have good homes.

Thank you for your reply. This seems like a much more reasonable price. I cant imagine ever asking $600 for. a. chicken! Unless like you said, I REALLY disliked the person 😂
these particular people, I like and they treats their birds well. They will have good homes.
You could even make it a special birthday present in case you really like the person/family member.

What did you pay for the hatching eggs?

And welcome to BYC @Elisetheladybug :frow

I don't think anyone gets 600 for them around here anymore. Nothing looses value faster than chicken breeds with how fast they can reproduce. It was over 600 at some point but now I could go and find some for $30 at a swap meet.

You could even make it a special birthday present in case you really like the person/family member.

What did you pay for the hatching eggs?

And welcome to BYC @Elisetheladybug :frow
I bought 2 different batches. One from ebay and one from someone local. They came out to roughly $8 an egg. I had a good hatch rate and got the number of hens I wanted to keep for myself plus some extra ☺.
So I'm kinda just hoping to break even and make back my money by selling the other girls and boys.
One girl I'm definitely giving away as a gift. even though he offered to pay. My go to handyman that has done so much work on my coop. And I just keep giving him lunch and more chickens 😆

600 dollars for a chicken is crazy. Only way I can see someone paying that if it's some champion line and comes with some pedigree. If it's a good looking bird good fibro,health etc probably 50 to 70.

Back
Top Bottom