Ayam Kedu/Cemani

Quote:
oh, but I thought ayam cemani were supposed to have black skin??
hmm.png

quoted from feathersite "The most important characteristic of Ayam Cemani is that it is completely black: black plumage with a greenish shine, black legs and toe nails, black beak and tongue, black comb and wattles, black meat and bones and even (?) black blood and organs."
hu.gif

Oh my bad sorry
hu.gif

There are some really nice birds but I am totally confused as to what is for sale here.
Could the OP clarify a bit please?

It seems that what is being sold are
1. young birds (not eggs)
2. the birds will be a cross between the Kedu and the Cemani.
Are all the chicks that cross, or are some Cemani/Cemani or Kedu/Kedu, or is the flock stock already mixed and there is no telling who is breeding with whom?
3. what will the young birds look like? will they have black skin or pink skin? Maybe you do not know yet.
4. will the birds be sexed, and can you select sex?
5. is the $400 for one bird and is it the full amount, or a deposit?
6. Is there a reason why the seller is not breeding pure bred birds (like flock is already mixed)
7. Is the white cockerel part of the breeding program?

Sorry about all the questions but you are asking a lot of $$ and it is unclear what is for sale.

ONLY MY OPINION- Ive seen the last pic on the web before (the black comb roo). I have black chickens that have black/dark combs and are not the Cemani breed. I have chickens with black skin and black tongues (and if they die I will check meat) as a result of a crossbreeding but I suspect these (listed) are not purebred as I don't believe they've been imported at this time. OP- could you explain if/how you've imported them and what you are breeding them with and if they are pure and if the pictures you've posted are yours and taken by you of birds you own?

It seems that what is being sold are
1. young birds (not eggs)
2. the birds will be a cross between the Kedu and the Cemani.
Are all the chicks that cross, or are some Cemani/Cemani or Kedu/Kedu, or is the flock stock already mixed and there is no telling who is breeding with whom?
3. what will the young birds look like? will they have black skin or pink skin? Maybe you do not know yet.
4. will the birds be sexed, and can you select sex?
5. is the $400 for one bird and is it the full amount, or a deposit?
6. Is there a reason why the seller is not breeding pure bred birds (like flock is already mixed)
7. Is the white cockerel part of the breeding program?

1. young birds
2. a composite select bred to produce cemani morph consistently
3. identical to Indonesian flocks in that some birds will exhibit black bones and skin, some will express less so and some will hatch hsian or more rarely pearl.
4. affirmative
5. 400.00 per bird 200.00 deposit
6. we started by requested with composite (genetically diverse) to avoid inbreeding depression in a closed flock with very few (5) founders
7. Yes. He hatched from two cemani parents.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom