1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ayden had an allergic reaction to the MMR vaccine

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chixie, Oct 25, 2011.

1. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    he had the shot last thursday. he broke out in this horrible rash last night... DD took him to the doctor and he believes it is from the shot. DD has to watch out for high fever or if he gets worse she has to call the doctor. doctor put him on a strong antihistimine.. my poor baby boy...

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Prayers Chixie! [​IMG]

3. YooperK

YooperK Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2011
  4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

OH MAN!!!! My son had a BAD reaction to that shot and wound up contracting Roseola, a form of german measles. His fever was 104.9 and the rash was horrible. Make sure to have his doctor note it on his immunization card so no one gives him another one. I didn't do that and my mother took him to the doc for me once and they gave him the shot. Yep, another round of fever and rash, but he was older and handled it better.

5. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

ah, that's awful, so stressful and just crapy...

I hope things improve quickly!!!
    [​IMG]

6. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    High Springs, FL
  7. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Poor kiddo, he just needs a break once in a while!

I hope he gets better quickly with no lasting repercussions. [​IMG]

8. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Poor Audrey had her shots this morning. [​IMG] That was at 11am and she's still asleep. I am torn between waking her up or letting her sleep. [​IMG] I felt really bad for her when we held her down for the shots in her little meaty thighs....the look she gave me when they stabbed them into her was horrible. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Poor little peanut.. [​IMG]

10. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Poor little peanut.. [​IMG]

I know. The doctor gave her some Tylenol and she's awake, fed and just sort of fussy right now. I felt so bad. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by