Azomite

Ron

Songster
11 Years
Feb 22, 2008
Southeast Texas
Anyone ever use this with their chickens? I use it in my garden plot with great results and in the book SECRETS OF THE SOIL it mentions feeding it to old hens with good results.

d.k., it is mined from a mineral deposit in Utah or somewhere near. It is supposedly composed of many minerals and trace elements. I use it in my small garden beds and my plants do very well, with few or no pests, which is good because I grow organically and don't like to have to deal with garden pests. As far as poultry, it is claimed that it helps them grow stronger and more quickly and more resistant to diseases. GOOGLE "azomite" for some more info. I heard about it from the book mentioned earlier.

* Sounds closely related to DE-- I'll look it up. I like to try to keep my yard as organic as I can, though it's tough with all the tremdously growing invasives we have!!!! Round-up seems to be everybody's best friend!! ~:eek:

Yep, around here it's what we call "nutgrass," actually sedge I think. Also I have a great crop of oxalis, pretty when it's not in your garden!!!

Back
Top Bottom