B/B/S Langshan (LF) Hatching EGgs 10 +

Kiowacole

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 25, 2010
South Carolina
Up for auction is 10+ B/B/S Large Fowl Langshan Hatching Eggs. I've had excellent fertility here at the farm but I cannot guarantee hatch rate once the eggs leave my farm due to shipping & your method of incubation.

The Langshan is large in body, has a deep and long breast which is carried well forward; the back is rather long and sloping with the tail rising sharply from the back, giving the characteristic 'U' shape. The head is small compared to the body size, the beak is light to dark horn in color; the comb is medium-sized, single and carried upright in both sexes. The shanks and outer toes are slightly feathered. Cocks weigh 9.5 lbs and hens 7.5 lbs.

In the early 20th century Langshans became a popular utility breed, doing well in laying trials. The hens lay 140-150 eggs a year and are good winter layers; the eggs are dark brown with a plum-coloured bloom. The hens are excellent sitters and mothers. Langshans are easily tamed and adapt well to both confinement and free range. They do well in sheltered conditions and dry soils but are not well suited to very exposed conditions. Under suitable conditions they thrive well and are very productive. Their flesh is fine in texture and of excellent quality.

49704_bluelangshan1.jpg

49704_blue-black-whitelangshans.jpg

49704_langshangroup1.jpg

49704_langshanroo.jpg

49704_bluelangshan.jpg

Could you post some pics of the eggs? I would like to see what a brown egg with plum under tones looks like
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom