Babies are getting kicked out * of the brooder

What emojis? Are we losing our current smileys?!
Almost 100% positive current smileys will stay. The new version of the forum software supports the emojis on our phones and tablets. Let me go do a screenshot.

Edited to add screenshots:
edit tablet emoji_2.png edit_tablet emoji_1.png

Last edited:
We live in Virginia and our chicks went outside since day one (they're now 9 months to 2 months), they were perfectly fine. They even went into the coop every night. We get our chicks in the spring and fall, but this fall we got ducklings. We have never had issues with them being too cold during those seasons, it's usually 80-95 out.

In the past I fretted about getting chicks outside too early but the experience I had with my current flock of 16 large breed hens changed my way of thinking. In late April 2017, I had placed them in their coop after 3 weeks in the brooder and they were mostly feathered out but still had downy areas as well. I did place a heat lamp in the coop as a precautionary measure since temps in the high 40's were expected the first night. But then next morning, the temp was actually 32 degrees. I dreaded opening the door to the coop not knowing what I might find but to my relief there were 16 beautiful young ladies waiting to be fed. Chickens are resilient for sure.

Back
Top Bottom