Babies From Atwoods...what Breed???? Pics

texaschickmom

Songster
10 Years
Nov 4, 2009
Lindale, TX
Hi guys...sold 4 BR roosters on Saturday and heard some little peeps from our Atwood's store in Tyler. Of course I had to stop and replace the roosters with 4 new babies. YEAH! They're tagged as pullets but time will tell on that issue. I've learned my lesson with the BR's. Ha! I have BO's and RIR's so I know these aren't either of those.

Chick 1
44040__dsc6624email.jpg
Chick 1 from above
44040__dsc6626email.jpg

Chick 2 from above
44040__dsc6640email.jpg
Chick 2 side view
44040__dsc6639email.jpg

Chick 3
44040__dsc6634email.jpg

Chick 4
44040__dsc6629email.jpg
Chick 4 from above
44040__dsc6633email.jpg

Not sure what hatchery Atwoods uses...maybe Ideal here in Texas. I also would like help on the best way to remove their wing bands. I don't have any experience with these. Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Top two are easter eggers (hatcheries call them ameraucana/auracana)

Next one could be a Jersey Giant or Australorp, or maybe a black sexlink

The last one... Mottled Java?

And the second looks like a welsummer or barnevelder ( i had both in my order and cant tell them apart, but look just like number 2)

I have 6 Atwoods babies in my brooder right now, too!
lol.png

The top 2 appear to be EE's

The 3rd I am not sure.....I have 2 brown/black sex links in the brooder and they're definently not colored the same so they couldn't be those...

The last one is just ADORABLE!

Quote:
You might be right about #4. I looked at pics of MJ chicks in the "Breed" section and they look very similar. I hope you're right.

Quote:
You might be right on! I just looked on Ideal's website and my little mottled chick DOES look like the Exchequer Leghorn! Cool...thanks for your response.
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom