Babies Hatching!!!!

I'd give them more time since there is no knowing if all the eggs were present on day one. As for telling boys and girls, unless your roo is a confirmed fast featherer and the hen is a slow featherer, there is no way to verify by checking wing feathers on the birds. Good luck on the rest and congrats on the two that did make it!

Is there any way another hen could have gotten in that nest & layed eggs after your hen had already started setting?

If so, you may have a long wait for all of them to hatch. A hen or 2 may have layed in the nest the day your hen got off of it. So you have a chance of having an egg or 2 hatch a day for awhile.

Good Luck & wait it out if you can.

Jean

There was only one hen and one rooster in this particular pen. They are hers.

Update: Peeping comming from at least one egg. No pipping yet. I know there will be at least one more.

These are DH's Law Grey Hatch Chickens eggs.

UPDATE: (3) chick hatched at 11:00 p.m. last night. I think that is going to be it. I do not hear any peeping from the rest of the eggs nor do I see any movement. DH and I are going to wait a few more days just to make sure.

just to let everyone know we gave up on the other eggs and decided to crack them open. One was rotten, one was underdeveloped, one died in egg and the last one had a fully developed baby in it that had broken through the air sack but could not break the egg. I guess it suffocated. When I tried to crack the egg it was hard for me to break as well. But we have 3 healthy happy babies, not too bad for our first try at hatching.

Back
Top Bottom