babies

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Diamond Spur, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Diamond Spur

Diamond Spur Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2009
    I'm expecting my first chicks today or tomorrow (ordered from Cackle, shipped yesterday AM). They are california whites and golden comets. I ordered them with intentions of getting fresh eggs. After reading on this site, I also ordered some frizzles that will be shipping on the 23rd from Ideal. This is addictive, and I haven't even got mine yet! [​IMG]

2. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    [​IMG] And it has only just began!! [​IMG]
    Chrissie

3. Diamond Spur

Feb 2, 2009
    I got my chicks today!! They are all doing great. I had one that at first didn't look good, wouldn't stand or open her eyes, and was sooo cold! I got her warmed up and drinking/eating finally and now she is standing on the feeder like she owns it! [​IMG] I've got 5 California Whites and 11 Cinnamon Queens...they sent an extra CQ.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Diamond Spur

Feb 2, 2009
    and please excuse the mess! I had just gotten home and had to change the towels again! Boy they can make a mess quick, lol.

5. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    Congrats and cute chicks. Good Luck

6. CBee

CBee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Asheville, NC
    Aww, how cute! The California Whites are adorable, too. There's just something about white chicks that gets me every time... [​IMG]

And it has only just began!!

I agree 100%. When we first started out we figured 4 chicks would do us just fine...then only 20 more...then a nice rooster...look at that incubator...wait-don't you want a dozen fertilized Faverolle eggs this Spring? How about a duck or a goose for the pond? [​IMG]

You'll have fun, anyways! They never cease to be amaze me, these little fluffballs. [​IMG]

7. Diamond Spur

Feb 2, 2009
    lol-just bought 2 sebastopol hatching eggs...dh is really loving this [​IMG]. I've never hatched anything before so I'm hoping its not too hard.

8. CBee

CBee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Asheville, NC
    Quote:Ohmygosh. A local Sebastopol breeder had an ad in our Iwanna today about getting ready to sell eggs. I wanted to try it out so badly but was afraid of the hatch rate...I wouldn't want to spend 50 or 60 bucks on eggs that might not even hatch. Let me know how yours turns out! I hope you get them both! [​IMG]

9. timbofarms

timbofarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Humboldt/West TN
    Your sooo hooked now!!!!LOL:welcome

10. Diamond Spur

Feb 2, 2009
    I know! This is gonna be a project for sure. I will let you know how it goes...gonna be doin lots of reading.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by