Babies!

Beccazon

Crowing
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan Thumb
Well, my Digger (IR duck) started sitting last month. Latte (KC mix) joined her after about a week. Let them keep 7. Gave 3 subsequent eggs to my Boots (mille fleur booted banty) who was sitting but we currently have no roo. Bella (brahma cross...looks like a red-gold brahma) was sitting too! Got some hatching polish eggs from a friend. Fast forward...

Yesterday the ducks hatched number one!! Way hot n humid here. Unnaturally so. Baby was well. Got it to sip water and gave it back. Moms appear to have smothered her in yhe night. And hatched 3 more! 3 to go...

Boots hatched her first ducky this morning! Good thing I got her and her nest moved yesterday! The chickens are not amused lol. Bella is growling at me and her polish are due any day now so...need to get her to her own space soon! Busy couple days here yesterday and to come! So excited! My first natural mama-hatched babies!!

Attachments

• C84E3409-D007-47DE-8D31-CB9551BF5F62.jpeg
    C84E3409-D007-47DE-8D31-CB9551BF5F62.jpeg
    706.4 KB · Views: 11
  • F8D29157-120A-44B1-AC00-9EE088C6B176.jpeg
    F8D29157-120A-44B1-AC00-9EE088C6B176.jpeg
    463.3 KB · Views: 8
Well, my Digger (IR duck) started sitting last month. Latte (KC mix) joined her after about a week. Let them keep 7. Gave 3 subsequent eggs to my Boots (mille fleur booted banty) who was sitting but we currently have no roo. Bella (brahma cross...looks like a red-gold brahma) was sitting too! Got some hatching polish eggs from a friend. Fast forward...

Yesterday the ducks hatched number one!! Way hot n humid here. Unnaturally so. Baby was well. Got it to sip water and gave it back. Moms appear to have smothered her in yhe night. And hatched 3 more! 3 to go...

Boots hatched her first ducky this morning! Good thing I got her and her nest moved yesterday! The chickens are not amused lol. Bella is growling at me and her polish are due any day now so...need to get her to her own space soon! Busy couple days here yesterday and to come! So excited! My first natural mama-hatched babies!!
Aww! They are adorable!

Back
Top Bottom