Baby black copper maran

wendychicklawyr

Songster
6 Years
Aug 28, 2013
Cutest baby ever look at those wings lol

Yeah I know lol I just can't wait. I have 225 chickens ..more or less
I have about half as many. But, I haven't counted lately. But, once those combs come in, your males and females will be easy to tell apart. And they do it early. If all my hens in the brooder box survive I will have over 20 hens to three good breeding roosters for the Maran population. I have 2 roosters to 8 Chocolate/Mottled Orpingtons, and about as many to Blue/Splash Americuanas.

The table egg coop is mix of Easter Eggers, Buff Orpingtons, Plymouth Barred Rocks with two roosters to all those many many hens.

I have about half as many.  But, I haven't counted lately.  But, once those combs come in, your males and females will be easy to tell apart.  And they do it early.  If all my hens in the brooder box survive I will have over 20 hens to three good breeding roosters for the Maran population.  I have 2 roosters to 8 Chocolate/Mottled Orpingtons, and about as many to Blue/Splash Americuanas.

The table egg coop is mix of Easter Eggers, Buff Orpingtons, Plymouth Barred Rocks with two roosters to all those many many hens.  

I can already tell one is a roo I think he's the only one with a viable comb. The rest don't have combs but a couple have bigger tails so I think they are the girls. I want a roo tho because I want to hatch my own.

Back
Top Bottom