baby boy crowed first time!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by oldchickenlady, Jun 5, 2011.

1. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    My baby boy silver laced wyandotte roo crowed for the first time this morning! He has a fairly 'manly' crow, too for one so young. I let them out of the pen then went in the house to finish getting ready for work. When I came back out they were on the front porch (of course) and my roo was crowing right under one of my 20 y/o son's bedroom window! I laughed all the way to the truck! I hope he is still alive when I get home tonight...

2. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    That roo deserves one heck of a treat this evening!!!

3. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    That's what I thought too! Gooood Rooster! [​IMG]

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I agree... I have a cockerel that recently started to try to crow. He is sounding better but in the beginning he sounded pretty pathetic.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  5. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    I was so proud of my roosters when they started crowing, even the ones who sounded squeaky at first.

6. 14chickmama

14chickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Aww. My 3mo rir just started crowing last week. I was so proud!! I have a Delaware roo too but he hasn't crowed yet. I don't think anyway.

7. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    I have 2 roos and in the last month or so they have both started crowing, I LOVE CROWING, I don't live in the city so they dont bother anyone. They get into crowing contests most of the day now though and it is slightly annoying at times lol. Its funny how you get used to their particular crowing, I know both of their individual sounds so I always know which is which without even seeing them lol

8. LilyD

LilyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    How old is your roo?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by