Baby Bunny, Please Help!!!

My pet rabbit is also a foundling. My DH rescued her from a cat when she was a baby. She quickly adjusted to life indoors and is an amazing pet. Super sweet and cuddly (and happy and healthy too!)

It did take her awhile to adjust to new foods. She didn’t ever learn to like alfalfa hay and ignored the pellets for the first week. But she immediately took to orchard grass hay and some snips of fresh herbs. Just my experience but wanted you to not get discouraged if the little one doesn’t take to some new foods right away.
Do you remember what formula you fed?

HI all! Another question real quick. I bought KMR not realizing there were different types (My local petsmart only had 1 powder option) There is KMR brand, but I bought the Petlac brand. The petlac seems to be lower on protein and fat. Cottonball is pooping great and they are healthy poos, eating well, and very energetic. He is also gaining weight. Should I worry about switching the formula?

If he's doing well, I would NOT change it.

If he were younger, it would be more important to get it just right. But since he's old enough to be eating some other food too, and probably almost old enough to be weaned, then I think it should be fine.

If he's doing well, I would NOT change it.

If he were younger, it would be more important to get it just right. But since he's old enough to be eating some other food too, and probably almost old enough to be weaned, then I think it should be fine.
Thanks so much! I thought so too, I can be a bit of a worry wart when it comes to little things that depend on me. I plan on weaning at around 6 weeks, so the 25th!

Thanks so much! I thought so too, I can be a bit of a worry wart when it comes to little things that depend on me. I plan on weaning at around 6 weeks, so the 25th!

Maybe reduce the amount of milk and the number of feedings over the course of a week, rather than just stopping on a given day. Gradual changes are less likely to cause problems :)

Maybe reduce the amount of milk and the number of feedings over the course of a week, rather than just stopping on a given day. Gradual changes are less likely to cause problems :)
Thank you! I did plan on doing 1 feeding for 3 days instead of 2 and then 1/2 of a feeding for another 3 days Edit: Or maybe longer, depending on how well he is eating solids

HI all! Another question real quick. I bought KMR not realizing there were different types (My local petsmart only had 1 powder option) There is KMR brand, but I bought the Petlac brand. The petlac seems to be lower on protein and fat. Cottonball is pooping great and they are healthy poos, eating well, and very energetic. He is also gaining weight. Should I worry about switching the formula?
If the bunny is doing well, don't worry about it. In any event the formula is less critical now than it would be if he was younger. By this age he should be starting to eat. Do not feed him any greens at this age though. Pellets and hay will do it. Greens can cause indigestion in young rabbits and sometimes it is fatal.

If the bunny is doing well, don't worry about it. In any event the formula is less critical now than it would be if he was younger. By this age he should be starting to eat. Do not feed him any greens at this age though. Pellets and hay will do it. Greens can cause indigestion in young rabbits and sometimes it is fatal.
Thanks! We are sticking to orchard grass hay and young rabbit pellets made by Oxbow at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom