Baby chick chirpping all the time.. Help!

mmwinget

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 18, 2010
Hi! I have a 3 week old baby that is chirpping/crying (I guess) constantly. It does not bother me, I just wonder if anyone else has ever experianced this??!! She is in with one other chick, and they get along very well. She has all the necessary things that she needs.. clean brooder, water, food, light, etc. The other 3 birds in her exact same condition are doing great; chirpping occasionally but not all the time, trying to fly, etc. Is this normal? Is there something wrong with her that I am just not seeing (I know that is hard to tell from this post) but I am worried!
sad.png
When she was born, she was weak, not eating/drinking, etc. I had to seperate her and nurse her back to health. She has since been reincorportated and acts "normal" now. Her one issue remaining is that for whatever reason she only opens one eye. The other eye has the ability to open, yet she keeps it closed much of the time. She will open it from time to time. This eye is slightly different in appearance from the other/other's eyes but it does not seem to cause her any pain, etc. Any ideas as to why she is crying all the time? Thanks so much!

Like children, some just need to be the center of attention all the time.

Give her a mirror if she is too obnoxious. Maybe that will entertain her a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom