Baby chick falling on butt

nzchickmama

Chirping
Jan 22, 2021
Hi, I have a couple 3-4 day old chicks. One of them has been rocking back on its legs and sitting/falling on its butt since we got it (at a day old). It seems to walk ok, although mostly just wants to sit under the eco glow all day. Eating and drinking fine. Pic attached, any advice appreciated! Thanks 😊

Attachments

• 72E6F1DD-80E7-421F-9C97-642D4AD24D69.jpeg
    72E6F1DD-80E7-421F-9C97-642D4AD24D69.jpeg
    491.9 KB · Views: 55
Hi, I have a couple 3-4 day old chicks. One of them has been rocking back on its legs and sitting/falling on its butt since we got it (at a day old). It seems to walk ok, although mostly just wants to sit under the eco glow all day. Eating and drinking fine. Pic attached, any advice appreciated! Thanks 😊
I have one that was like that! She would just sit on her hocks and her behind. She just needed to gain strength and then she was able to walk and stand fine. She is now almost 4 months old and doing great (although she does have crossbeak).😊

I have one that was like that! She would just sit on her hocks and her behind. She just needed to gain strength and then she was able to walk and stand fine. She is now almost 4 months old and doing great (although she does have crossbeak).😊
This is her when she had this problem-
0189F92C-70A6-4924-AEDF-B04A50E0250E.jpeg
Except mine would also do this😬-
606AF85E-28B1-40A6-A3C4-109D5D19058F.jpeg
And in like less than a week she turned into this😊-
769E6EBF-1BA6-418C-B47E-CDBD86E0506E.jpeg

Unfortunately the chick seems a bit worse, on its hocks the whole time including when it’s eating. I’ve read it’s possibly a vitamin b deficiency, so I’ve crushed up a vitamin b tablet and mixed it with water and and syringed it into its mouth. Any other advice appreciated!

Unfortunately the chick seems a bit worse, on its hocks the whole time including when it’s eating. I’ve read it’s possibly a vitamin b deficiency, so I’ve crushed up a vitamin b tablet and mixed it with water and and syringed it into its mouth. Any other advice appreciated!
Will it eat any mashed up food and water (together)? Has it been eating a lot? Sometimes my chicks will struggle eating pieces of food so I start of their life with some mashed up food. This way they can eat it all by themselves (and they like it better too).😉 I don’t have much other advice I’m no good at emergencies!😕

Back
Top Bottom