BABY chick Falling over

TXFarmfun, How is your chick now? Is she better? I hope so. Mine that was doing this (Cleo) is one of the most active of all now, and runs and jumps around with the rest of them.

Hope your baby is well now too!
jumpy.gif

You need to answer us some questions:
How old is she?
Does she have a drippy nose or eyes?
Is her crop full?
How do her poops look?
Is she separated from the others?
Give her a good lookover. Check the bottoms of her feet for black scabs. Check her wing pits and around her vent for bugs.

I have a chick who is moving very slowly, standing hunched, and seems very week and wobbly when she walks. We've had some surprisingly cold weather lately so i just assumed she was cold but today it's very warm and she's still sick. Her crop is very full, she doesn't have runny eyes or nose, no sneezing or gasping but seems to be having issues keeping her water in her crop and coughs it up if I move her at all. What should i do

I have a chick who is moving very slowly, standing hunched, and seems very week and wobbly when she walks. We've had some surprisingly cold weather lately so i just assumed she was cold but today it's very warm and she's still sick. Her crop is very full, she doesn't have runny eyes or nose, no sneezing or gasping but seems to be having issues keeping her water in her crop and coughs it up if I move her at all. What should i do
How old is she? Is she having diarrhea, blood or mucus in her poo? Is she eating or lethargic? Is her crop puffy like a balloon? Can you recheck her crop early in the morning? If you don’t think she has a crop problem, and may have coccidiosis, I would go get some Corid (amprollium) to put in the water for a week. Feed stores sell it in the cattle medicines and it is in liquid or powder packets.

Back
Top Bottom