Baby chick intro

Personally, I have had excellent luck with that, the little one slept under the older chick's wings and were absolutely doted on. I would go for it, but observe carefully for the first few days :) you may end up with the most adorable flock you've ever seen.

Personally, I have had excellent luck with that, the little one slept under the older chick's wings and were absolutely doted on. I would go for it, but observe carefully for the first few days :) you may end up with the most adorable flock you've ever seen.
Thank you. This is my second hatching. Only 5 of twelve survived my first hatch. Today I had three hatch before noon. One had pipped last night. It was the second to hatch. Then one pipped, zipped, and was out in less than 15 minutes. It was amazing to watch. The first hatched is already seeming to watch over the others.
I had ordered colorful egg chickens so really don’t know what they are. These are at Day 19 so are probably bantams. They are tiny and so cute. Three totally different colors, one brown and gold, one golden, and the other one is black! I can’t even guess what tomorrow will bring.

I plan on letting them go in with the week old chicks later tomorrow and keeping a close eye on them. My Sweetheart is gone for a few days so I bring them in my living room. 😊

Thank you. This is my second hatching. Only 5 of twelve survived my first hatch. Today I had three hatch before noon. One had pipped last night. It was the second to hatch. Then one pipped, zipped, and was out in less than 15 minutes. It was amazing to watch. The first hatched is already seeming to watch over the others.
I had ordered colorful egg chickens so really don’t know what they are. These are at Day 19 so are probably bantams. They are tiny and so cute. Three totally different colors, one brown and gold, one golden, and the other one is black! I can’t even guess what tomorrow will bring.

I plan on letting them go in with the week old chicks later tomorrow and keeping a close eye on them. My Sweetheart is gone for a few days so I bring them in my living room. 😊
That sounds like an exciting bunch! Ours was a similar situation, we got six bantams and three of them died one after the other with no apparent cause. After we were sure it wasn't a disease, we got three new ones and they were immediately adopted, it was precious.

Mystery hatchings are such fun! Good luck introducing them, and with the hatching :)

Back
Top Bottom